Shop the Perimeter
You have just walked into your grocery store. You are committed to following a ketogenic lifestyle. Where do you go from here?
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be complicated! Simply put: Shop the Perimeter! Most items that are found in the aisles are riddled with extra carbs and hidden sugars which will throw you out of ketosis! Most items that are “keto-certified” should be avoided!
Think about it: most of the healthy foods are located around the perimeter of the store (with a few exceptions, of course).
• Produce Section: above-ground vegetables, non-sugary fruit
• Deli Counter: deli meats, cheese
• Seafood Counter: salmon, halibut, shrimp, tuna, cod
• Meat Counter: beef, chicken, pork, bison, lamb
• Dairy Section: eggs, cheese, heavy cream, butter
• Most importantly: skip over the bakery section!!
This is a very general way of going grocery shopping. Of course, there will be items to buy that are located in the aisles. Do you know how to read food labels? Do you know which items to buy and which items to ignore? Do you know which foods will keep you in ketosis (fat-burning mode)?
Let me, a Certified Ketogenic Nutritional Specialist, help you navigate the grocery store. I can help you interpret food labels, choose foods to help you stay in ketosis, and teach you to become a food label expert. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] for a free consultation or if you have any questions.